Terms and Conditions
Appointment Cancellations, Missed Appointments and No Shows
Whilst we understand that sometimes appointments have to be cancelled due to an emergency, we ask that you give us at least 2 days notice where possible, prior to appointment cancellation or reschedule to another date as we have a waiting list of clients that can be filled with another dog in need of a groom. On the occasion that you have missed your appointment or change your slot last minute we have been also let down by an empty appointment slot and as a small business this has a negative impact on us financially.
We reserve the right to forfeit the deposit for appointments missed or cancelled with less than 48 hours notice payable prior to any future booking. Grace period of 15 minutes will be permitted for unforeseen delay. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for the appointment will be auto cancelled. You will have options of either as a walk-in if the schedule permits, or deposit will be forfeited.
Pups and Play will make every effort to make you and your pet’s experience here as pleasant and as enjoyable as possible. It is important to understand, however, that all pets respond to grooming differently, and even with best efforts some pets may not respond positively.
- Pets with history of aggression towards human or pets must be informed upfront upon registration. Pets with aggression beyond our control will have to go home and come back after they have recover. All pets’ safety and the safety of our team are of the highest importance at Pups & Play. We reserve the right to refuse service to a dog if we deem their behaviour or health condition to pose a risk to themselves or our team.
- Sometimes problems arise as a result of pre-existing conditions which may or may not be apparent. Examples include allergies, moles, eyes sensitivity, clipper sensitivity, matting and tangles, fleas, anxiety and fear, behavioral issues, bone or joint sensitivity, heart conditions, neurological issues that can lead to seizures, etc. To minimize the risk of traumatizing your pet unnecessarily, we require that you, as the pet owner, to inform us of any such issues of which you are aware prior to our grooming your pet upon registration.
- Matted coats and excessive undercoats not only affect appearance, but also cause a variety of health problems for your pet. Routine care prevents bacterial and fungal infections; prevents fleas, ticks, and other parasites from being trapped in the coat; and prevents painful pulling and binding. Heavy matting will require additional grooming time, and may entail additional charges. Due to the stress and the pain it will cause, a coat that is severely matted cannot simply be brushed out.
- Severely matted coats will likely require a short clip, and a short clip may cause further irritation to your pet’s skin during the stripping process.
- In addition, your pet may be nicked or cut because the Groomer will have to work very close to the skin to remove the coat. Our groomers are very careful, but the possibility of injury does exist, and you need to be aware of this when you give us permission to proceed. The assigned groomer will be happy to show you how to care for your pet’s coat so these problems can be avoided in the future.
- We ask that you pick up your pets as soon as possible after we contact you via text messages or voice call to let you know that they are ready. A day care fee will be assessed for pets left longer than 60 minutes after we call you. Pet(s) on daycare service must be picked up latest by 7pm on the same day. If you pick up after our store opening hours 7pm onwards will be charged on hourly basis.
- For safety reason, aggressive pets or pets having health condition not limited with fleas, ticks, mites / mange, ringworm will have to go home and visit again when they are well.
Authorization to Proceed and Release of Liability:
High Inspiration Sdn Bhd (“Pups and Play”, “Pups & Play”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) is owner and operator of Pups & Play (www.pupsandplay.com) . Upon accepting this terms and condition, as the pet owners, visitors and customers hereby authorize the grooming of your pet(s), and release Pups and Play operator and staff from all liability for damages or injury that may arise or may be discovered during your visit to our store and also during grooming process. Pet Owner understands that by proceeding with the services at your own risk and discretion. Should your pet require timely veterinary care during or after grooming, you agree to be responsible for payment of all related fees. Further, pet owner agrees that pet owner shall be fully responsible for; and shall fully indemnify and protect Pups & Play employees from responsibility for; any and all injuries, illnesses, or other damages to Pups and Play personnel and/or to any other person or persons on Pup & Play’s premises that may arise from contact with Pet Owner’s Pet(s) as a result of aggressive behavior and/or Pet Owner’s failure to have Pet(s) currently vaccinated against Rabies and Bordetella.